Nothing traumatic has happened or anything... I am just lonely and sad. As of today, Kevin has been gone for 7 weeks doing his BOLC (officer's basic training course) in San Antonio. I am just so sick of having him gone. This is the longest we have been separated since we started dating. We started dating at the end of basic training 8 years ago next month.We were best friends before that, and during basic it was progressing to something slightly more than just friends (although I was completely oblivious...my roommates weren't!). So, I flew out with his parents to see him graduate from basic and surprised him :) Something had changed... Instantly we went from best friends, to in love. It was wonderful! And, we haven't been separated more than 6 weeks at once since that time. I will admit that the army has been a really good thing for us, and for our marriage. After all, absence does make the heart grow fonder. But, this is too long. Especially with a 23-month-old. I am so overwhelmed with everything I have going on (which I definitely could decrease my load a little, but I won't), I just need my partner to support me, to be a shoulder for me, to encourage me and cheer me on, and to pick up the slack. This is rough. I'm thrilled that we only have 3 weeks left, but it just feels like it will never end. It doesn't help that he is in the field this week (and the last two) without his phone so I don't even get to talk to him at all. I just feel extra lonely tonight. I need him. I am so darn in love with that man! I hate being away from him. Maddi and I were lucky enough to get to fly out and see him at the first of this month, though! It was so nice, and very much needed. I will have to post pictures from our trip when I get home and finally find a spare moment :) The only negative thing about it (besides a plane ride with an almost two year old) is that I miss him all over again. I had finally settled in and was handling it, but now I am back to being depressed and feeling sorry for myself. I had a bit of a breakdown on Monday... Maddi was very concerned and came up to me and just hugged me the entire time I cried; never let me go. And kept saying, "sss ok mommy!" It was so precious! She is such a tender little thing, I just love her! She is my life, my joy, my pride. She is the only thing holding me together right now!
Alright, enough ranting. I need to get back to studying for my big test next week. I am doing an advanced education module at work in Cardiology, and have my oral exam next Wednesday. I am NOT ready, at all!! I'm in big trouble. As usual, I totally put it off to the last minute and now I'm feeling the pressure. I am also way behind in editing several shoots from last month, and this month too. I am THRILLED my photography is taking off so well, but man, I am behind! I need a moment to breathe! I have way too much on my plate right now. But, I can't back down from any of it. I just need to deal with it. I can't turn down shoots, otherwise I will NEVER get my business where I want it. I just need my Kevy back...
Our happy little beginning
Kevin and I met in high school where we were best friends for about 4 years. After high school, Kevin went off to Army Basic Training and I went to school at Utah State for one of the best years of my college career (so fun!) His parents invited me to fly to Oklahoma with them to see him graduate from boot camp and I went with. That is when life forever changed for the both of us. We were married on June 8th, 2006 in the Salt Lake Temple and have been happily married for almost 7 years now. We are so in love and definitely don't see enough of each other! And, now we have a two year old... Our sweet little Maddison Jane. Soon we will be embarking on our next adventure: Pharmacy school in South Carolina


No comments:
Post a Comment