Wow, I cannot believe that I have allowed this much time to pass since I have blogged. I have at least been updating my journal in that time, so some part of my life has been recorded! But still. Wow.
So, right now I am so busy I can hardly handle it. Which, isn't necessarily a bad thing. My photography business is growing by leaps and bounds and I am just so overwhelmed with the response I am getting! It makes me so happy, I can't find the words. It has always been my dream to be a "big photographer" and to be published, liked and to win awards. Well, I am on my way! Hallelujah! It's about time :) Now, hopefully Kevin gets into Pharmacy school here so I can continue in my success. I don't know what I'll do if I have to start all over again. At least I will have my portfolio to start with though. Hopefully it will be a quicker start up. My goal is to someday cut way back in the Nursing realm and go full time in the photography field. It's just so much more positive and happy... I deal with a lot at work, and it's depressing and overwhelming. It makes me feel good, yes, and I love learning and growing and the amazing human body... but, it's depressing. Babies get sick and don't make it sometimes. People can be horrible sometimes. But with photography, I get praised for my creativity and my talent. That's a really good feeling ALL of the time. So, someday I would love for that to be my thing. I will never fully leave the medicine world. It will always hold a place in my heart, and I will always keep up my skills no matter what. You never know what the world is going to throw at you and I had better be prepared.
So, an update on my life currently: Kevin is gone with the army at OBC in San Antonio. Basic training for officers. He has been gone for 2 1/2 weeks, and it has been really difficult. I miss him more than words can say. And, as weird as it may sound, I miss being touched, hugged and truly loved and appreciated. I feel like my family loves me, but don't truly appreciate me. They don't get it. They don't understand my struggles and pains without Kevin and it makes it hard for them to be able to truly be there for me. Does that sound horrible? I don't know. I just wish it were over with already. It's hard to be a mom, nurse, photographer, daughter, sister, aunt, wife, and everything else without some support. I have my Mom and Kevin's Mom to help tend Maddi while he's gone, but I feel like a burden. And, they haven't been as reliable as I was expecting which just stresses me to no end. What I wouldn't give to just be able to stay home with Maddi and not worry about work. That being said... I'm moving on to another subject :)
We had a great summer! And isn't she just the cutest! What a sweet little angel. I love her so much! These were taken in Wyoming near my Uncle's ranch. We had a great trip up there, and Maddi even hiked almost an entire mile by herself. She loved it! She would say, "baby walk!" meaning that she wanted to walk and not be carried :) We have called her baby so much that she calls herself that now. Too cute!
I can't believe how fast fall is approaching. It's scary how early the leaves changed. It was such a bad drought and harsh/hot summer that the leaves are all dying and falling quickly. About 2 weeks ahead of schedule. I hope this winter is a little better to us so next summer we won't suffer again. It got above 100 degrees in June! I am pretty sure I have never experienced that...
Well, I need to be doing other things... So, I'm signing off for now. Hopefully I will blog again soon, and not wait so long!
Our happy little beginning
Kevin and I met in high school where we were best friends for about 4 years. After high school, Kevin went off to Army Basic Training and I went to school at Utah State for one of the best years of my college career (so fun!) His parents invited me to fly to Oklahoma with them to see him graduate from boot camp and I went with. That is when life forever changed for the both of us. We were married on June 8th, 2006 in the Salt Lake Temple and have been happily married for almost 7 years now. We are so in love and definitely don't see enough of each other! And, now we have a two year old... Our sweet little Maddison Jane. Soon we will be embarking on our next adventure: Pharmacy school in South Carolina




3 comments:
you're alive!! hehe just kidding. I'm so glad that your photography business is taking off, you rock!! Sorry Kev is still gone :( that is no fun!
You are wonderful, and talented, and creative! And a pretty darn good nurse to boot. Oh yes, and full-time wife and mommy. No wonder life is a bit crazy at times, huh? Love ya Whit. Thanks for sharing!
You are so tough to be doing all this by yourself. I'm pretty sure I couldn't do it. You're amazing! I would love to watch Maddi for you sometimes. Kaden and Maddi are so cute together. It would be fun. And we really need to hang out more. So call me when your not busy being woman of the year:)
Post a Comment