Wednesday, May 2, 2012

Brief Catch Up

Goodness I've been busy! Work has been crazy... respiratory season hit late, and it even hit my house. WTF! I don't know how, but Maddi got RSV and then gave it to me. It was the WORST cold/respiratory virus I have EVER had. I even had to call in sick to work twice. And, it's been over a week and it's still dragging its nasty feet along... we are approaching 2 weeks for Maddi. Nasty, nasty bug. I hope none of you have to experience it! It's mean.
Otherwise, life is just busy... photography season is back. Things are warming up so I'm getting more shoots booked. Which is FABULOUS! I still have availability if you need photos done ;) I am getting close to having enough to buy my brand new Nikon D800e. I can't wait! I'm thinking probably January next year I will have it. Woot! It's going to take my photography business to the next level. I have big dreams to be a "big" photographer someday. Oh, dreams... :) Speaking of dreams... Kevin applied for a job with Fender. How cool would that be!?! It would make us move to Scottsdale, Arizona, but I'm sure I'll survive. For those of you who don't know, I do NOT do well in heat. I am a cold/temperate weather person. The very few days we get here in Utah over 100* just about do me in. If I could live in 70-80 degree weather all the time, I would be one happy girl!
I am also busy training for the Wasatch Back Ragnar relay this June, and for the Top of Utah half marathon in August. I've been sick 3 times in April, so my training has just been awful. I'm crossing my fingers that we are all going to stay healthy until my race is over in June! Plus, we are going to Newport, CA in June and we all need to be healthy for that too.
Maddi turns 18 months old on Friday... wow. Where has the time gone! The little bug gets to go to Nursery at church now. SCARY... I am not looking forward to that. It means she is no longer my baby, but now my toddler, and it also means we are going to be sick more often. Sigh. But, it does mean that I finally get to go to my classes in church now. It's been over a year since I've gone!

Alright, and one last note:
I have been so stressed with my 3 photo shoots from April, and feel like I have NO time for myself. I wasted about 2 hours on Facebook the other day posting photos from a recent shoot, and just looking around. Plus, things weren't working and I had to exit sites, restart my computer, etc. And, Maddi was demanding my attention, so it made it hard.
Sometimes Facebook drives me absolutely crazy... but when I happen upon an awesome site that has tools for my photography business, I get excited. And, even better than that is when one of them has a giveaway! Woot! So, I am posting about that today... Check it out, if you're interested!
http://devotedknits.blogspot.com/2012/04/10k-and-1-year-anniversary-giveaway.html?showComment=1336014381900#c3726074569202123243
Very cool. Here's hoping that I win!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

stay healthy whit! and check out this link for your training

http://www.halhigdon.com/training/51131/Half-Marathon-Novice-1-Training-Program