In other news, I felt the baby kick for the first time a week ago! It did a little somersault during lunch. It was really exciting! Then, I felt it again on Friday night at Lena's volleyball game. It gave a definite little kick against my waistband :) It must have heard all the noise! The next big one I felt was Saturday night during the General Relief Society broadcast during President Monsen's talk. That was really exciting, and it was such a spiritual high for me at the moment that it made it really special. It was also one of the first times that I got truly excited to have another baby. Everything surrounding this pregnancy has been so stressful I really haven't had the chance to get excited yet. But, I did that night. When I felt my baby moving during that talk, I realized what an incredible blessing it is to get to have a child; to be entrusted by my Heavenly Father to raise another spirit in this life. I felt honored and very excited. The baby has been moving pretty much every day since then, and was especially active last night! It was doing flips, and kicking, and was all over the place! I was really hoping to have an ultrasound today and get to see the little being, but no... I didn't. I really wanted to get a sneak peek at the gender, too. I would love to start bonding more and know what to call the poor squirt, instead of just "it" all the time. But, I scheduled the big 20 week ultrasound for the end of the month, and CAN'T WAIT!
Our happy little beginning
Kevin and I met in high school where we were best friends for about 4 years. After high school, Kevin went off to Army Basic Training and I went to school at Utah State for one of the best years of my college career (so fun!) His parents invited me to fly to Oklahoma with them to see him graduate from boot camp and I went with. That is when life forever changed for the both of us. We were married on June 8th, 2006 in the Salt Lake Temple and have been happily married for almost 7 years now. We are so in love and definitely don't see enough of each other! And, now we have a two year old... Our sweet little Maddison Jane. Soon we will be embarking on our next adventure: Pharmacy school in South Carolina
Tuesday, October 1, 2013
Baby #2
I had my first appointment with the new doctor today. I am officially 16 weeks along, and all is well! The baby is the size of an avocado (4 1/2 inches), and weighs about 3 1/2 ounces. I am feeling fantastic these days, thank goodness! I have energy again, my stomach has calmed down, and I'm sleeping slightly better and needing less naps. Although, I am rapidly expanding, which tends to not be so comfortable... Anyway, so at first, I was not a huge fan of the doctors office. It's an hour drive away from our house, I was super nervous, and it was dimly lit. But, I loved the nurse and doctor (once I finally got to see them). I waited a really long time, which was rather annoying. I had been there for more than 1 1/2 hours before I saw the doctor. On the upside, they were very thorough and understanding of my paranoia. Being a level 3+ NICU nurse really breaks you! When all you see are extremely sick babies, you think that is the norm. They do things very differently in that office, than any OBGYN I have been to thus far. They have 2 waiting rooms. The first one, where the receptionist is and where you check in, and one after you go give your urine sample/get labs drawn. There you wait again for the nurse, and it seemed to only be patients in that waiting room, no family. Then, the nurse takes you to a nurse office/station to take vitals, ask questions, and get an update. That was cool and different. I was able to get to know the nurse a little, and find out she too was a NICU nurse prior to this job and said she HIGHLY recommends this office and hospital. She delivered her first at another place, and although everything went well, she is definitely happier and more comfortable with this practice and hospital. PHEW! That was a relief to hear!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


1 comment:
I love your cute belly! I wish I could see it in person. I'm glad you're feeling better. I miss you!
Post a Comment