Thursday, January 5, 2012

First Update 2012

Alright, so the final post for today. An update of our lives:
Maddi is just talking up a storm now! She says "baby" "hi and bye" "bite" "please" "momma" "dada-y" "do it" "mine" "box" "bus" "b butt (belly button)" and others... I can't think of right now. It's so cute! Over, literally, the past week she has just taken off with her language skills. She's so big! She is getting her pre-molars right now and not loving it too much. But, doing surprisingly well.
Kevin is still playing the waiting game for dental school. We have gotten 8 official rejections (out of 12 schools), one interview and three more that we are waiting to hear back from. We are pretty sure we will only get 1 more interview (from UNLV) and hopefully we will at least get one acceptance from the 2 interviews. Oh please, Heavenly Father, PLEASE!! let us get in this year. Keep your fingers crossed for us! It is very stressful and very depressing. The thought of having to do this all over again this year is just painful on both of us. Kevin would have to take more classes and retake the DAT in order to become a stronger candidate and that just wears us both out. We will do it if we have to, but we are starting to come up with back-up plans if this dental school thing doesn't happen. ugh. I don't want to think about that. It's so frustrating because Kevin would seriously do SOOOOO good as a dentist. We need a miracle.
As for me, I am just being the part-time nurse and full-time wifey and mommy. I love it! I have a few things coming up: I am doing the Cardiac Advanced Module at work and the class is coming up, so I need to get studying. Also, I get to go to the Cardiac conference at Snowbird in March!!! WOOT!! I am seriously so excited for it! It is a $300 conference, so I haven't been able to go yet, but since I am up for the advanced module, I get to go for free and get paid to do it! Yay! And, my good friend Lisa gets to go too. It should be fun!
Our little family is also set to go to Nana's in California next month, which is VERY exciting. We love it there :) and we will also be going to Newport, CA this June with our good friends and my former patient, the Jones'. It will be a good year. We have several weddings, I have at least 3 races for sure so far, and probably another vacation or two.

Here are some other random pics from last year:

She climbed right in to her toy basket and kept on playing!

Lesson learned: do not leave the peanut butter in reach of the Maddi girl. She loves peanut butter!

No comments: