Thursday, January 5, 2012

First Birthday!!

Maddi's first birthday was also our first snow storm of the season! Too bad we haven't had any since... lame! But her birthday was a total success and was a lot of fun. She missed her Mumzy (Kevin's mom was gone all day taking care of Grandma), but had lots of loving faces to keep her plenty entertained. We made a ball pit for the little ones in her pack-n-play, and they loved it! It was really cute. I know that first birthdays are really more for the parents and family than the child, but I went all out anyway and I loved it. The party was on Saturday the 5th because Kevin was out of town with the Army on her actual birthday (Nov 4th). So, on her actual birthday, I took her to my relatives photo studio in Lehi Camera Shy and did her birthday pictures. We had fun! She got to destroy her cake. She even got into it early... before we could grab her.
 This one is at her party. Yes, this is her SECOND cake :) thanks to Grandma

 Her beloved monkey that she picked out for herself at Toys-R-Us. His name is "maow" because she meows at him :) It's adorable! She loves this monkey so much!

 Such a little lady
 I love this face!
 Her first birthday cake!
 Destroyed!
Notice the cute pigtails? Yeah, they aren't real. My mom bought this headband for her birthday. Cute, huh?!

It really was a wonderful celebration! We are so darn lucky to have her. She is healthy, happy and energetic, and pretty darn smart. We are so blessed! We love you Maddi Jane!

2 comments:

Tristen and Scott said...

I'm so sad we missed her party. It looks like so much fun.

Unknown said...

i so wish we could've been there! she is adorable.
your photos are so good Whitney!
p.s. gotta love the fake pigtails. i was confused for a second. ha!