Anyway! So, here is our trip continued...
Maddi was being so cute, and was just gawked at everywhere we went. Nana was right... as horrible as it is to say, there aren't a lot of white babies down there. Actually, the population is now mostly hispanic, they hold the majority about 60/40. So, when the cute old people saw little Maddi with the huge smile on her face, everyone had to come look at and talk to her. She just loved the attention! There was even a nice gentleman who was the manager of the grocery store we were at that came up and saw Maddi and she gave him a huge smile! Well, 10 minutes later, he brought his female coworker/manager over to see Maddi. She said it was shocking he did that because he is not a baby person. Then, he said that "she just touched my heart!" OH!!! So cute!!

She fell asleep in her bouncy hair while playing with her favorite toy: her "Flat Doll."
Taking a nap on Nana's couch in the quilt made for her by Nana. Funny story actually, about 10 minutes after this was taken, Nana's little dog Molly jumped up on the couch and started licking Maddi to death. She didn't really mind, but it did wake her up. We were all out on the porch eating lunch and enjoying the warmth and sunshine, so I looked over to check on Maddi and there was Molly. So funny.
She loves her Nana! Honestly, who doesn't?!
Her first grass experience... She wasn't too sure of it at first, but then she got used to it and didn't mind it at all!
California Poppy
She loved the flowers! I think I might have trouble keeping her out of them at Nana's during family night this summer since she'll most likely be crawling soon. We have family night every Monday night between Memorial day and Labor day at Nana's with all the cousins and aunts/uncles. It's wonderful! Maddi is already our little guppy... she'll love the pool this summer, I'm sure!
Her first lottery ticket... haha!! She wouldn't let it go, after she snatched it out of my hands! Oh, and by the way, she just loved having her legs free from socks and shoes. She got so mad when I tried to get her dressed again on the way home!
Fast asleep in the car on the way home
Kevin and I even got up early and went running while down there. It felt WONDERFUL! I had so much endurance... it was great! My legs were killing me for a couple days after, though. But, it still felt good. It's been a while since I've been running... I miss it! It needs to warm up NOW so I can go running with Maddi on the trail again...
While we were down there, it was the annual BNP Paribas Indian Wells Tennis tournament. It was so fun to watch tennis all day with Nana. I used to do that when I was little and she would babysit me. It was so fun, and it reminded me how much I love tennis. I was ticked when I got home and stupid Comcast doesn't carry the Tennis channel... lame. I got hooked and couldn't even finish the tournament until ABC aired the mens/womens finals. But, I didn't get to watch the couples at all. Lame. Oh well. I can't wait to start playing it again this summer! It's been a while... Maybe I'll go buy a racket for my birthday (which is this Friday! woot!)
It was truly a wonderful trip, and I of course wish it could have been longer! But, hopefully we can go again next year, and we do get to go to Newport Beach in August.


No comments:
Post a Comment