Alright, so I'm a week behind... but still. Here is my update:
I am now 35 1/2 weeks along and still growing! Our baby is now about 5 1/4 pounds and over 18 inches long. This means she only has about 2 pounds and 3 inches to go to be an average size full term baby. SCARY :) She will be gaining about 1/2 an ounce per day from here on out. So, hopefully it will only be baby that gains weight over the next few weeks. I did finally gain weight again at my doctor's appointment last week after going over a month with no weight gain. I think my new diet made me lose weight while the baby was gaining weight, so it seemed like I was at a standstill. I'm fine with her gaining and me losing though :) I'm not going to lie, it was a little depressing to gain that much weight that quick in my second trimester. And, the stretchmarks are horrifying. I cannot believe how many I got despite doing everything I could to avoid them. I think I might break down and go buy that Bio-Oil stuff... or whatever other expensive treatments that will hopefully help. I'm not too worried about them, but I definitely won't be sporting a bikini ever again! I may not even wear a suit without shorts on... It's just a little shocking to look in the mirror and see the horrible purple lines climbing up my stomach and legs. It has been very nice to receive the compliments I have though. I have had a lot of people say that I am just all baby, with a perfect little prego belly, a nice basketball under my shirt, and that I haven't gained anywhere else. Well, I know the truth, but it's nice to know that others don't see it!
Kevin finally had a freak-out moment this last week... I was thinking, "Finally! Thank you for joining me on this side of the line!" He just said, "Oh my gosh... what did we get ourselves into?!" and "what were we thinking?" It was a little relieving to no longer be the only one freaking out about this... :) No, really we are very excited. I think it's probably normal to be scared, though. We really don't know what to expect. I love how excited Kevin is, though. He always says, "I sure love this baby" as he kisses my belly or puts his hand on it to feel her move. It's adorable! I am loving every second of it.
So, we had some wonderful baby showers over the past couple of weeks and I am just overwhelmed by all the support, love and generosity we have received from people. I cannot explain my intense gratitude! Kevin and I went through everything this
weekend and did an inventory of what we have and what we still need. We are pretty set. We have a few odds and ends to get, and some clothes because sadly, we pretty much have nothing to dress her in for the newborn and 0-3 month period. But, that's ok! It means I get to go shopping for her which gets me really excited and keeps my mind off the fear of my pregnancy coming to an end. I just can't
believe everything we received from people. We are truly blessed!!
Here are some pictures from my shower. This one above is a picture of my cousin Jaime, cousin Karissa and my Grandma McKinnon. The one to the left is a picture of Angie and Noreen and I. They are my friends from our Tonga trip. They are so sweet to take the time to come out for me! Especially because they all had a long drive to make. My family lives in Heber, and my friends live in Provo. So thanks for your support!
Well, that's it for this week. More to come next week, I'm sure! I have so much to say, I just need to get it all written down before it's too late. I have so many emotions and thoughts going through my head right now...


No comments:
Post a Comment