Friday, April 9, 2010

Happy News

Alright fellow bloggers and friends... I am officially making the announcement....
I AM PREGNANT!!! Woo hoo! I am due November 10th. We are very excited, and to answer some questions: yes, it was planned, it only took one month (huge shock for us both on that one!), and I don't care what gender, but Kevin wants a girl. Seriously, after working in the NICU that I do, all I care about is having a healthy baby. That is all I want and all I pray for. I know that statistics show that MOST babies are born totally perfect and healthy, but all I see are the sick ones. It's a bit scary. But, I have faith that Heavenly Father answers prayers and hope that I will be blessed for my service of working at Primary Children's NICU.
Well, enough about that! So, in other news, I am also going to Tonga next Thursday! I am really excited. I can't believe it is already here! I am going with BYU Idaho's nursing department. It is a study abroad trip that will include humanitarian service, and some fun site-seeing trips. We even get about 2 days in Fiji, one half day on the way there, and a full day on the way home. Both are because of lay-overs. We also get to take a trip to the outer Tongan islands. I am so excited! I had some reservations about going because I am pregnant, but my doctor says it's fine and honestly, if I weren't pregnant I would be going anyway and wouldn't miss the paid time off hours from work or the money. So, I am going! It should be worth it. I am way sad Kevin can't come, though. He would miss the last two weeks of class and make it home just in time to not be prepared for his finals. Plus, the expense was just too much for us. We can barely afford for me to go, but we made it happen. So, I will go by myself, hopefully meet some cool people that are coming with, and have a total blast! I will post pics (if I can figure out how to do that on here...) when I get home and let you all know how it goes.
And, the last update for today is that I graduate tomorrow! I am so excited. I am DONE with school! DONE! That is such a great feeling! I will have my Bachelors of Science in Nursing tomorrow. I'm so happy. It was a long 6 years of college, and I don't regret a thing. I wish I could have traveled a little more, but whatever. I have my whole life and a wonderful husband to travel with. And, with a little one on the way, we have plenty of adventures coming up.

3 comments:

SMITH FAMILY said...

Whitney and Kevin,
We are so excited for you. You are going to be great parents.

The Nicholsons said...

I am just so excited for you guys!And I can show you how to post pictures! Have fun in Tonga! I'm jealous :)

The Jaynes Family said...

Congrats you guys! That is awesome you guys are going to have a baby. They are the greatest!