AHHHH!!!! I am so excited! I am about to burst, I am just that happy. So, to explain my ranting, I will start from the beginning...
Kevin is in El Salvador right now for two weeks with the army, doing a dental humanitarian trip. I miss him dearly, as I always do when he leaves. And, of course, I get SUPER excited when he calls me. Well, he called me tonight and we had a WONDERFUL 30 minute conversation. It really brightened my mood and lifted my spirit. That is why I am writing this right now, because I am way too ecstatic to sleep. So, during our conversation he said, "so what would you say to me going back to school a little longer to finish up some chemistry and biology classes?" Well, I knew exactly what he meant.... HE IS GOING TO DENTAL SCHOOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! AHHHH!!! Ladies and gentlemen, he is going to do it! I am so happy!! I knew he would change his mind! He is so darn talented and smart and motivated, and he SHOULD do it. He always comes home from these trips on a high because he had so much fun, and felt like he was really making a difference. And, the officers (Dentists) that he goes with (he's a dental assistant, btw) always rave about how good he is and how amazing he would be as a dentist. Well, today in particular, Major Cheever told him that he really needs to do it. He talked about his past and how he wasn't the best college student ever, and heck, if he can do it, Kevin could do dental school with his eyes closed. So, there you have it. He's going to dental school and I couldn't be more proud!
I knew he had it in him! He just needs a little push. And, I think this will be a better choice for him anyway. I think if he doesn't, he'll always wonder. And maybe, he may even get a little down with his life and wonder why he didn't reach for his full potential. I think he'll be much more satisfied with himself and his accomplishments.
So, I have to add, regardless of whether he changes his mind back again or not... I am behind him 100%
I sure love my Kevy...
Our happy little beginning
Kevin and I met in high school where we were best friends for about 4 years. After high school, Kevin went off to Army Basic Training and I went to school at Utah State for one of the best years of my college career (so fun!) His parents invited me to fly to Oklahoma with them to see him graduate from boot camp and I went with. That is when life forever changed for the both of us. We were married on June 8th, 2006 in the Salt Lake Temple and have been happily married for almost 7 years now. We are so in love and definitely don't see enough of each other! And, now we have a two year old... Our sweet little Maddison Jane. Soon we will be embarking on our next adventure: Pharmacy school in South Carolina


No comments:
Post a Comment