So, I ran the Las Vegas Ragnar Relay last weekend... and it was AWESOME! I was runner 5, and got to run with and spend 36+ solid hours with 5 awesome people in van 1, and 6 more awesome people in van 2 on our team. And, my only goal (besides coming home alive) was to run my entire distance, no walking. Well, folks, drum roll please because I totally did it!! WOOHOO!!! I am very proud of myself, if you can't tell. This is the best I have ever run, and the most fit I have ever been in my entire life! My last run was pretty rough, too... It was 4.5 miles, all uphill on a dirt road with dust being constantly thrown at me. I even got dusted by a stupid "compensation" truck who felt the need for some reason, to speed past the other cars in front of him. I may or may not have called him a name... it starts with a "d" and ends with "ouchebag." I was NOT happy. But, otherwise it really was a wonderful race. On my first run, I saw about 6 desert sheep and a baby rattle-snake (eek!). My friend Julie who handed off to me, saw a (freaking) tarantula on the trail, just before she handed off to me on our 3rd run. Yikes! The desert has some crazy critters... We were super sleep-deprived, and I couldn't walk for a day after, but it was a fantastic adventure. Oh, and we even got to share a sketchy casino hotel room amongst 6 people... I was afraid I would get herpes just by looking at the bedspread. So, I rolled out my camping mat and sleeping bag and slept on the floor! Overall, it was wonderful, and I really hope I can do it again next year. And, I am hoping I can find a team for my cute niece and I to run the Wasatch Back Ragnar next June. I would also love to do a half-marathon. But, only somewhere cool like Moab, or Canyonlands or something. That is the only way it would be worth it.
So, during my adventure, my awesome husband had our sweet baby all to himself. Some solid Daddy-daughter bonding time. Maddison really did so well for him. And, I am so glad. She didn't really seem to mind that I was gone. Kevin said that a few times she would look around the apartment for me, but she never got upset. I didn't get the excited homecoming I was hoping for, but it was just nice to have her back in my arms. I sure missed my little family! I wish they could have come and cheered me on.
In other news... still no word on the ADOS orders (army job) or Dental School interviews. We are both starting to get very antsy... I just need to keep the faith that our prayers (pleading prayers on my part) will get answered. But, on the positive side: Maddi started walking everywhere! (while I was gone, of course) and she started clapping!! She is such a cute little wugga. We love her to pieces. My mom had called Kevin the other night while I was gone and she said Maddi was just chattering away, carrying on a full conversation in Maddi language. She said it reminded her of baby Whitney... I guess I was the exact same way and just loved to talk and talk and talk and when I was a little older, I would make up songs wherever we went about whatever I saw. I am excited for this with Maddi! And, believe it or not... her FIRST BIRTHDAY is in a week and a half!! I cannot believe it! I have a lot of pictures to put up... so stay tuned. And, I will keep you all posted on her awesome birthday :)
Our happy little beginning
Kevin and I met in high school where we were best friends for about 4 years. After high school, Kevin went off to Army Basic Training and I went to school at Utah State for one of the best years of my college career (so fun!) His parents invited me to fly to Oklahoma with them to see him graduate from boot camp and I went with. That is when life forever changed for the both of us. We were married on June 8th, 2006 in the Salt Lake Temple and have been happily married for almost 7 years now. We are so in love and definitely don't see enough of each other! And, now we have a two year old... Our sweet little Maddison Jane. Soon we will be embarking on our next adventure: Pharmacy school in South Carolina


No comments:
Post a Comment