Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Summertime Fun!

First, I need to apologize to those who are interested in my life and my rants who have been starved of their viewing pleasure due to my lack of blog posts. I am working on fixing that! I now promise* to update at least once a week. I can't promise a day in particular, but I am hoping for Wednesdays... We'll see!

*Disclaimer: I cannot predict the future or unforseen events that may void this promise.

Alright, now for the update! So, drum roll please..... I HAVE A WEBSITE NOW!!! For my photography, of course :) So, go ahead... check it out! whitneymhopesphotography.com It's still a work in progress, but I love it! Thank you to my designer, Jessica, who made this happen. By the way, I would recommend her to ANYONE who would like a website or blog designed. Her prices are great and she is wonderful to work with! I have been doing a few photo shoots lately, and have had a total blast. I have my future sister-in-law's bridals coming up on Saturday, which I am very excited for! I will post a link to my website when I get them all done and posted. I hope to take my photography to a higher professional level, so I am taking all the babysteps I can now to make it happen. I love photography. It's a passion of mine. I hope that when we eventually move for dental school, I can make it my job. I don't know that I will be able to be away from home and work as a Nurse once we move since Kevin will probably never be seen and I don't know (well, mostly don't trust) anyone to watch my precious baby girl. We will see what happens. We have to get through the DAT (dental admissions test) next Tuesday before we can even think about moving for dental school. This test score is really stressing Kevin out. This could make or break his chances to get in this year. Please keep us in your prayers that all will go well and we'll get in on the first round. I don't think I can handle the thought of having to wait another year and go through this whole horrendous process all over again. I don't think Kevin is thrilled to think about that either. Sigh. Plan: think positive and keep on praying.

So, Maddison... She's pretty much huge now. I cannot believe how fast she is growing! She now will stand up (on everything), let go and stand on her own! She also LOVES to walk while I hold her hands. I don't doubt that she'll be walking by the end of the month. Scary! She is now 9 months old and has her Pediatrician appointment tomorrow, so we will know what is next in store for us, and where she is (or isn't...haha :) ) on the growth charts. She is a really good eater now, but is still very petite. I swear she is putting on some chubs now... over the past week I swear she has gotten bigger and chubbier. She waves at everyone now, squeals and gets excited at people and animals, clicks her tongue, blows raspberries, gives hugs and kisses and makes adorable noises. I swear she makes noises for certain objects too. Like when I say "chicken" and say "bock-bock" she makes her noise "bah-bah-bah." My little smarty-pants :)

We went to Newport Beach, CA last week and had the most amazing vacation! We never wanted to come home... The climate is so wonderful and temperate, the highest temperature we experienced was 81. Oh it was wonderful... And the beach was so close and we went there everyday and just relaxed. It was my perfect vacation! Maddi LOVED the beach. She was crawling up and down from the water to our spot on the sand, just back and forth, squealing as she was exploring about. When she would see a seagull, she would squeal and then get excited and so I would pick her up and run at them to make them fly and she would squeal even more! It was so precious. I love that moment and that memory with her. I am working on getting the pictures to download onto my computer (it's a whole big issue that I will not bore you with) and then I will post them on here. Maddi also got excited when the waves were coming toward us, and would squeal and get excited. The water was cold and she often got too cold on the beach and her lips would start to chatter, but all the while she was so happy and curious about the new world around her. I loved every second.

Well, that's all for now. I am tired. I'll post more tomorrow, hopefully :) Goodnight!

1 comment:

Tiffany said...

Whit -
It sounds pretty much amazing! Can't wait to hear the details and person. And, of course, see the photos!