Thursday, April 21, 2011

Life

Life is good. This is my motto. And, it's pretty darn true right now. I have the best husband in the world, the best, sweetest and most wonderful baby in the world, and I am blessed. I know this. I know I complain a lot and wish I had things I don't have, but I really do acknowledge that I am blessed. Lately, I have been really into blogging. Weird. Trust me, that's big for me. I used to like just occasionally getting on and checking my friends blog updates, maybe once a week, if that. And, I would post, maybe once a month. Well, my cousin's wife (Rachelle) has opened up the world of blogging for me and now I'm hooked. She has joined a community of military spouse blogging, and I dove in one day and checked out some of the blogs she follows. Now I can't stop. A lot of them bring me to tears. In fact, today I almost bawled reading one. It just kills me to see what others in the military community go through. And, to think... I may have to go through that one day. Honestly, if I ever lost my Kevin, my whole world would end. I don't think I could go on living. I would, for Maddi, but I'm sure I would be a zombie, just going through the motions... Life would lose its luster. Sad. I can't think about it.
Moving on to happier things!! A photo update! YAY! :)
(Please ignore the fact that I look horrible. Kevin said he was only taking a picture of the quilt... not me) This is my latest project. I started it at least 2 years ago :) It is a quilt to go on our TV stand under our TV. Kevin actually though of it and picked out the fabric (it's a secret, but he is actually our decorator). I made it, though. Not my best work, but I'm proud. Here is the finished product:
Not too shabby!
Maddi apparently decided she was comfortable this way. Ok, and just so you don't think I abuse my child with a straight jacket, this is her Halo Swaddle Sleepsack. It has been a lifesaver for our nights! I stopped using it for a while because she can self soothe with her hands, and would be able to get herself back to sleep. However, lately she learned that she can play instead of taking a nap. So, I had to take her hands away so she would actually sleep!
She is almost sitting up all by herself! She's so big! And she loves it :)
She LOVES her cousins! And her cousins, Livy and Zander, love her to pieces, like she is their little sister. It's adorable!
Her new trick! She throws herself back to say "I'm done!"
Again, "I'm done!" She does this every time she is done eating now. It's adorable!
Last night Maddi and I went out to dinner at The Melting Pot with my friends that I met on my Tonga adventure a year ago this week. I haven't thought about Tonga in a long time... I will post my thoughts about it later. But, we had an amazing time! I'm so glad "Momma J" and Dani came into town and we got together. I am going to lunch with some of our other friends today at noon. It's wonderful to see everyone!

1 comment:

Tyandra Perez said...

She is so adorable Whit! How fun!!