Monday, November 1, 2010

38 Weeks!!



Happy Halloween everyone! I got a lot of great comments on my costume :) I even had 2 ladies at 2 different stores on Saturday ask "is that real?" meaning, am I really pregnant. Interesting huh? I was like, "Well, yeah, of course I'm really pregnant! No, I am NOT hiding a basketball under my shirt, despite popular belief."



I finally uploaded my photos :) It's so amazing to look at the pictures and see how much my belly has grown. I guess I just don't realize it because it happens so gradually for me. I mean, some days I feel my skin burning, aching and itching and I know she's growing that day, but for the most part, the big belly has come on so gradually it's almost as though I haven't noticed. Like the frog in the boiling pot of water theory...
Crazy!
So, 38 weeks. Wow! I cannot believe how close we are to having our baby here. We thought for sure that she would come on Halloween or at least that weekend, but no. It would have been the perfect storm; my mom was out of town, Kevin's parents were out of town, Kevin and my Dad had a military fireside Halloween night, and neither Kevin nor I wanted a Halloween baby. But, she decided to not spite people, and did not come. It's a little bitter sweet. I want her to come now, or at least a little early, but I have just loved my pregnancy and am not ready to be done yet. It's so wonderful and miraculous to feel her move inside my belly. I think I'll definitely miss that the most. The discomfort I won't miss though :) It's getting much harder to move around these days. She has definitely dropped into my pelvis, and I can really feel it. She likes to move her head around and hit my nerves and make my legs pretty much fall out from under me. Hilarious. It's rather entertaining to watch me try to walk when she does that. It ranges from sharp shooting pains down my sciatic nerves to a sudden stiffening of the tendons in the front of my legs. It's so weird how she can do that. But, she is getting really big, so I guess it makes sense that she would hit my nerves by moving her head around.
So, I was working the other day and the baby in the bedspace next to me is as big as my baby is inside of me. TRIPPY! It was so weird to see! And, what's even more weird, she hasn't come out yet and keeps getting bigger!!! AH! I cannot believe that us women can fit something that big inside of us. It's just bizarre, but so wonderful.
Well, be thinking good labor-y thoughts for us so she'll come soon! I am progressing, so hopefully I'll be able to go into labor on my own soon. I'm dilated to a 2, effaced, and had my membranes stripped (yikes). So, it could potentially happen any day. And be thinking good luck thoughts that it won't totally kill Kevin's school work/test scores :) I'm now actually hoping she doesn't come until our due date, because Kevin has 3 tests next week and won't be done until the 10th (our due date). But, I don't want to be induced if I don't have to... so it's a total toss up. Oh well. She'll come when she comes and we'll be ready for her! I can't wait to meet my sweet baby girl.

2 comments:

The Nicholsons said...

I love the pumpkin belly!! So cute! I am so excited!!!

Tristen and Scott said...

I'm thinking good labory thoughts for you. I really hope she comes soon. I love the pumpkin belly!